When helping our clients to find insurance employees, we conduct each search in a professional and candid manner with both client and candidates. Working with the client’s HR consultants, management and/or hiring manager as directed, we reach an understanding of the position and the requirements needed to fill it.
The first step in identifying qualified candidates is to conduct a thorough search of our proprietary database. In addition to our extensive network of connections within the industry, our researchers highlight those individuals who, based on their resumes, fit the profile and also identify professionals who, because of their background and area of expertise, are likely to identify appropriate “passive” candidates. Such candidates might not be actively seeking a move but, if approached with the “right” position, would be receptive to considering such a move.
We also make extensive use of the internet, posting positions on the ARD website and on certain appropriate independent job boards. To ensure we reach as wide an ‘audience’ as possible, we also make use of targeted print advertisements for certain positions. This combination of approaches has proven to be the most successful for both organizations in filling positions.
Find Insurance Employees Who May Not Be Looking
With our extensive industry contacts, we are often sought out by highly qualified professionals wishing to advance their careers, but who, for a variety of reasons, are unable to actively seek other opportunities. Many of our clients have invited us to bring such “star” candidates to their attention, even when their profiles do not match the requirements of any current assignment.
One hallmark of our recruiting process is flexibility – a willingness to modify the procedures as required by the client. We recognize that as process of interviewing candidates proceeds, the position requirements and/or profile of the appropriate candidate may change. As an extension of and partner to the client’s hiring process, we respond accordingly to such changes.
WHAT ARD BRINGS TO THE SEARCH PROCESS
The Fordyce Letter® enumerates key attributes of a professional recruiting organization. Basing itself on that list, ARD offers the following:
- Expertise: Nobody knows the employment marketplace better than ARD.
- Cast a wider net: A professional fisherman will always have a greater selection than a weekend angler. ARD is the marketplace day-in and day-out.
- Cost: There is a misconception among employers that the cost of a hire equals the cost of the ad or posting run to attract the person hired.
- Reality: Contrary to what some believe, ARD does not try to fit square pegs into round holes.
- Confidentiality: Working with ARD can help keep your search confidential.
- Speed: Using ARD who is continually tapped into the talent market is faster than one having to start the process from scratch.
- Post-Hire Downtime: Not only is speed an essential part of ARD’s job, the ability to locate a per-son who can immediately “hit the ground running” with a minimum of “ramp-up time” is also desirable.
- Unbiased Third-Party Input: ARD’s primary function is not to fill a slot, but to provide the right candidate to solve a problem.